It’s not uncommon to struggle with life transitions. Whether expected (finishing school) or unexpected (being made redundant), positive (having a baby) or negative (break up of a relationship) for example, transitions can thrust us into a completely new way of living that forces us to leave behind the comfortable and familiar way of life we were used to. This can bring about feelings of complete confusion, overwhelm, sadness and anger.
Here are some common life transitions that counselling can help with:
- Finishing high school
- Starting university
- Becoming an adult
- Moving out of home
- Getting married
- Getting pregnant
- Becoming a mother (there’s actually twelve transitions!) physical, financial, psychological, emotional, cultural, relational, social, sexual, spiritual, generational, gender role, vocational, time
- Adjusting to your parenting style from baby to infant to child to adolescent
- Becoming an ‘empty-nester’
- Divorce and separation
- Becoming unemployed, career changes
- Moving house
- Injury, diagnosis or disability of yourself or loved one
- Getting older
- Global pandemic such as COVID-19
Individual counselling sessions are $120 per 60 minutes.
No medicare rebates are currently available.
Phone number: (03) 9013 4863
You might want to check out my FAQ page where you’ll most likely find the answers to any questions you may have. If you still have a question you contact me below.