Career Guidance & Planning Workshop
Step 1. Pre-work. Before our first session, I will send you an email with links to complete two online career and personality assessments. This will help build your personal career profile. (I will provide you with hard copies of these for your reference)
*Approximate time to complete 30 minutes.
You will also have an online career counselling questionnaire to complete that I will email to you. (This helps me better understand you, so when we meet, we have more one on one time together to talk about you!)
*Approximate time to complete 15 minutes.
Step 2. One on one Career Guidance session. 90 minutes.
You will discover the careers best suited to your interests, values, strengths, weaknesses, and personality.
Step 3. Homework. In between your sessions you will be expected to narrow down and further research your career options in preparation for the career planning session.
*Approximate time to complete 1 hour plus.
Step 4. One on one Career Planning session. 90 minutes.
This is where we work together to identify clear and realistic career goals, and then develop a detailed action plan on how to achieve them so that you are on your way to a fulfilling career.
What will you leave with?
- The results from your two online career and personality assessments
- You will have narrowed down and chosen your ideal career
- A personalised and detailed career summary and action plan
- Updated resume/CV
- Anything else that we cover specifically to your needs and requirements
Who will benefit most from completing this workshop?
- High school students between years 10-12
- High school graduates
- If you’re confused about what course to study
- If you’re feeling lost and lacking direction
- If you’ve got no idea what type of work you’re suited to
- Mums who are wanting to get back into the workforce
- Anyone who is unhappy in their current job
- Anyone curious to see whether there’s something more suited to their unique personality and skill set
If needed, any follow-up career counselling sessions will be at a reduced rate. We can use this time however you like. You may want to rehearse for job interviews, re-tweak cover letters and your resume for specific roles and general job readiness.